Aultman Taylor Company, 1886
Mansfield made its first major step into the Industrial Age when the Aultman Taylor Company located on North Main Street in 1867 to manufacture farm machinery.
During the 20th century most of the A&T complex was appropriated by the Ohio Brass Company.
In the 21st century there is very little left on North Main to indicate Aultman Taylor once ruled the flats, but there is one landmark that survives from those earliest days.
Today one of those old factory buildings has been repurposed as the Richland County Garage. With a recent facelift it looks good to go for another 100 years.
Link to original: