Friends of the Mansfield Parks (FOMP) is a project of Downtown Mansfield, Inc. whose mission is to pursue conservancy, beautification, education and advocacy for the Mansfield City Parks.
Consider joining Friends of the Mansfield Parks in 2013! Click here to download the FOMP Membership Brochure!
- To work with the Mansfield Park System to maintain and establish family friendly parks
- To provide park oriented programs for all family members
- To provide and support stewards for each park, who will: pick up trash, notify park personnel of any necessary repairs and notify police of illegal activities
- To collaborate with organizations and businesses to promote and create projects and programs that will take place in the parks
- To preserve and advocate for the more than 400 acres of public parks in the City of Mansfield, Ohio
- Annual City Birthday Celebration
- Summer Fun in the Parks Program
- Flag Day Celebration
- Community Garden/Seed to Table Program
- Increased park attendance through positive public relations and Fun in the Parks educational program
- Increased security though coordination with MPD
- Established seed to table community garden program
- Stewardship Program
- Operation Uplift/Clean-up Days
- Park Plantings
- Planted over 4,000 bulbs
- Planted over 100 trees
- Used stewardship program to create a monthly park clean-up
- Graffiti removal
- Minor paint and repair to park equipment
- Removal of Invasive Species
- Native Species Recommendation
- Green Space and Urban Trail Development
- Established park steward program
- Removal of invasive plants and planted drought resistant varieties
- Coordinated cleanups with Mansfield Litter Prevention and Recycling, NECIC, Area Garden Clubs, Mansfield City Schools and the MRCPL
The City of Mansfield has great parks! The 33 parks incorporate more than 400 acres of designated community park land. These parks are a great place where children can explore nature, and expand their creativity. They are a great place to stay active and healthy. They are a great place to find a moment of tranquility.
- Feel pride in your community
- Work with passionate volunteers
- Preserve green spaces
- Participate in "Fun in the Parks Program", which is free and open to the public
At this time, we are looking for individuals and organizations interested in sponsoring Flats of Flowers and/or volunteer assistance in the form of flower bed prep and planting. Flats of Flowers sponsorship opportunities are $10 for one flat. Sponsors will be recognized throughout the project and will have an opportunity to select the beds sponsored, if desired. Click here to download your sponsorship application or here to donate today! For additional information, please contact Doug Versaw at 419-522-0099 or here.
The Friends of the Mansfield Parks, a project of Downtown Mansfield, Inc. is again hosting “Fun in the Parks in 2013”. Fun in the Parks provides free summer activities in South Park. Classes are Monday through Friday beginning June 10 and are free and open to all ages. The South Park classes will include Y-Fitness, Creek Clay Creations & Art in the Parks, Yoga, South Park Community Garden, Magic in the Park, Drama in the Park, Zumba, Martial Arts, Y-Fitness Silver Sneakers, Stories and Crafts, and a class that is to be announced. Some class sizes are limited. Registration forms and additional class information can be found here.